Abu Dhabi Sport
Total 8 channels
12 months - 264.0 USD
SMATV stands for Single Master Antenna Television (or Satellite Master Antenna Television), and refers to a system that uses multiple satellite and broadcast signals to create a single integrated cable signal for distribution to a cabling network. In other words, with a SMATV system you can become your own in-house cable company.It can be used for hotels, motels, dormitories, hospitals and commercial properties with multiple tenants. Most often it is found in temporary lodging facilities. A SMATV headend is used to receive and rebroadcast Satellite TV channels throughout a property from a single satellite feed.
We install a satellite dish and TV antennae to receive programming from satellite providers and local broadcast networks. These antennae feed into several racks of electronic equipment which tunes in the channels you choose for your cable lineup, and combines them into a single cable signal. This feed can also include local on-campus channels such as a campus TV station, information and billboard channels, live campus events and so on.
If you have existing cable service, the changeover is often as simple as disconnecting the cable company feed and plugging in the new system. If there is not a cable plant in place, we can plan and install a campus cable network for you.
All details are custom configured to your needs. Want more movies or news channels? No problem. Are there lots of local broadcast channels? We can get them. Want to distrbute on-campus programming to the entire campus? We can make it happen.
A typical SMATV system has a variety of the following:
- Local broadcast stations Usually four to ten stations depending on the region and proximity to a major city
- Satellite channels Often thought of as 'cable channels.' They include news, entertainment, sports, business , and movie channels like CNN, Discovery, Bloomberg, ESPN, MTV, TBS, AMC, FX, etc.
- Movie Channels If desired, premium movie channels can be included - such as Stars, HBO, Cinemax and others. They are usually sold in packages of several bundled channels.
- Foreign Language Programming If you have a language learning center, often times the programming they use for language instruction can be added to the campus system. Channels like Scola, Deuche-Welle, Glavision, Univision, and others are often sent campus wide for 24/7 access to international programming.
- On-Campus Channels These include information/bulletin board channels that feature campus news, events calendar, weather data, sports scores, etc - often different departments will want their own channel. The Campus TV station is commonly included, along with campus events - home sporting events or performances live on TV, a 'bell tower cam' with live pictures of campus, etc. This is also a great way to create a closed-circuit channel for overflow seating areas and other innovative uses. The possibilities here are limited only by your imagination.
- Radio Stations Your campus radio station can be added to the signal for easy distribution throughout campus. We can also add equipment to distribute the entire FM band through the cable system so that everyone can enjoy clear FM reception.
There are several methods of distribution that is often used in a SMATV headend including:
- IPTV (Internet Protocol) TV Systems
- Com1000 Pro:Idiom Encrypted HD Headend
- L-Band Satellite TV Distribution
In the United States the satellite carriers utilized to provide the satellite TV signal for SMATV headend systems are:
-Dish Network Smatv
A SMATV licensee may receive and distribute free-to-air satellite TV programmes that are intended for general reception via a SMATV system. Currently, there are more than 400 free-to-air satellite TV programmes receivable in Hong Kong. The residents of a building may use up to 10 frequency channels in the 470 - 862 MHz band for receiving free-to-air satellite TV programmes of their choices via the SMATV system.
SMATV systems can only be installed, maintained and operated by licensed SMATV operators. The residents of a building may appoint the building management company (BM) or the incorporated owners (IO) as their representatives to negotiate with licensed SMATV operators for the provision of a SMATV system at their building through an outright purchase, a lease or a hire-purchase arrangement. Before the residents authorise their BM or IO to enter into a contract with any licensed SMATV operator to provide a SMATV system, they should clarify the terms and conditions of any contractual document which may affect their rights.
The residents of a building may either re-new the contract with their SMATV operator or enter into a new contract with another licensed SMATV operator if they want to continue receiving satellite TV programmes via the system. If the system is no longer in use, it is advisable that it be dismantled as it may no longer be covered by valid insurance against third party liabilities in respect of personal injury, death and damage to property.
For safety reason, it is recommended that the residents of the building should request their SMATV operator to re-inspect and re-certify the structural safety of the dish antenna(s) of the SMATV system by a registered structural engineer once every three years.
Entertainment GetStarted + Ultimate Movies
Total 31 channels
6 months - 330.0 USD
12 months - 660.0 USD
Entertainment GetStarted + Ultimate Sports
Total 39 channels
6 months - 420.0 USD
12 months - 840.0 USD
Entertainment GetStarted + Ultimate Entertainment
Total 55 channels
6 months - 330.0 USD
12 months - 660.0 USD